Return to the Main Browse Page
& Physical Sciences
- The Art of the Algorithm (Spring 2007)
UGA mathematician Jason Cantarella and his brother Luke, a scenic designer, visually illustrate a mathematical concept.
- Awards & Honors (Spring 2007)
Daniel Nakano, professor of mathematics, is honored with a Creative Research Medal.
- Minority Buying Power Skyrockets (Winter 2007)
Foreign markets may be good for U.S. companies, but tapping currently underserved domestic markets may be even better.
- Awards & Honors (Summer 2006)
Valery Alexeev, Distinguished Research Professor of Mathematics, was invited to speak at the International Congress of Mathematicians.
- Airbags May Increase Auto Fatalities (Fall/Winter 2005)
In a random sample of all accidents, airbags were related to higher probabilities of deaths.
- Building a Better Math Teacher (Fall/Winter 2005)
UGA leads a joint effort to produce more and better-qualified teachers armed with a deeper understanding of mathematics.
- Knotty Problem Solved (Fall/Winter 2005)
A team of mathematicians corrects two major assumptions to solve a 40-year-old math problem.
- Wind, Water & -- Math? (Spring 2004)
Mathematicians have developed a way to reduce approximation errors in equations that describe how air, water and other fluids flow.
- Computing Infinity (Spring 1998)
Jon Carlson tackles the complex variables of computer algebra.
- Divide and Conquer (Summer 1994)
Research on prime numbers helps safeguard bank transactions,
military secrets and other electronically transferred
Communications, Office of the VP for Research, UGA
For comments or for information please e-mail the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the webmaster please email: email@example.com